Debian at FOSDEM 2011: Squeeze Release Party in Brussels?

From: Axel Beckert <abe_at_debian.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:08:40 +0100

Hi,

FOSDEM is coming closer and a lot of stuff has already been done
behind the scenes, mostly by Luca Capello. (Thanks!) See the Wiki page
for details:

  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/FOSDEM/2011

Nevertheless there are few things still open:

Flyers
------

Anyone still has some Debian Flyers or can print some (sources at [1])
and comes to FOSDEM this year? If so: please bring them or some along.
:-)

  [1] http://debian-flyers.alioth.debian.org/

Squeeze Release Party
---------------------

I'd like to see a Squeeze Release Party[2] in Brussels in the evening
of FOSDEM's Saturday.

  [2] http://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartySqueeze/Belgium/FOSDEM

As usual most of the Debian FOSDEM goers are no locals. So I currently
have no idea, where we could make a release party. I nevertheless
would prefer a calmer setting like going out for dinner or so, at
least nothing with loud music or smokey air. But having some group
room, chatting, hacking and ordering pizza from some delivery service
would be fine (at least for me :-), too.

It would really be a pity if there are so many Debian people around at
the time of the release but we don't have a release party together.

Any ideas or suggestions, e.g. for appropriate locations? Anyone
willing to organise the release party?

                Regards, Axel

--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin