Re: syslog

From: Laurence Mayer <laurence_at_istraresearch.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:55:44 +0300

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=syslog.conf&sektion=5&manpath=FreeBSD+7.0-RELEASE

Here is the extract:

A hostname specification of the form `#+hostname' or `+hostname' means
the following blocks will be applied to messages received from the
specified hostname.
Alternatively, the hostname specification `#-hostname' or
`-hostname' causes the following blocks to be applied to messages from
any host but the one specified. If the hostname is given as `@', the
local hostname will be used. As for program specifications, multiple
comma-separated values may be specified for hostname specifications.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
Laurence