Re: Some questions from the Italian car coming to LinuxTag

From: Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 20:58:07 CEST

On 10302 March 1977, Enrico Zini wrote:

> I must say I'm not happy about this new entrance fee.

Not many are. But unfortunately that doesnt matter (now).

> I imagine however that what Martin means is not to give away personnel
> passes to complete strangers, while still being quite relaxed in
> giving them away to people we know.

> When I say "relaxed" I'm thinking usual cases such as a DD (or other
> active Debian person) even if not working at the booth, or their
> girlfriend or boyfriend, or a few friends (and not strangers) coming
> from far away.

> I imagine that if such people would find themselves having to pay, there
> will be quite a lot of developers deserting LinuxTag next year, just as
> Andreas prospected.

No, sorry. I will give out the exhibitors passes to people who actively
work on the booth or the DebianDay or both, but not to anyone else..

This is one of the conditions to have free entries for the exhibitors,
and I dont want to loose that. If that means that some people do not
visit the LT then its a loss, but I already expect a big loss of people,
and dont know if LT next year is worth all the effort if it goes in the
same direction it does now. :()

--
bye Joerg
[...]