Re: -Events-

From: Rico -mc- Gloeckner (mc@ukeer.de)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 20:24:53 CEST

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 07:55:57PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> These press releases are distributed on our news lists already.
> Heise probably knows about them. We don't subscribe random people
> to our lists to spam them. If Heise people don't want to be subscribed,
> that's fine.

Mh. well.

That Lists are good for people who know about Debian, but not for people
who want to learn what debian is; however i understand your point. On
the other Hand, those Sites usually have feed-in adresses which are
there for news they dont know about, i.e. which also are there for
press-releases (ofcourse the context has to be there, it doesnt make
sense to mail some diet-news-site about debian).

> > On another note, the gentoo people are organizing[0] quite a bit at ccc
> > camp, maybe this event could also be used as ad-platform(?) for debian :)
>
> Please go ahead. We had some presence there two years ago already.

Well iam neither Debian Developer, nor experienced in organizing Events.
I would be glad to help people out, but someone else has to take the
task of organizing.

--
| Rico -mc- Gloeckner  |  mv ~/.signature `finger mc@ukeer.de` |
|  Encrypted Mails preferred:                   1024D/61F05B8C |