Re: -Events-

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 19:55:57 CEST

Rico -mc- Gloeckner wrote:
> I also think that it would be helpful to have kinda Pressreleases, which
> are forwarded to local Agencies (in german context heise comes to my
> mind), which they might use and reuse that tell more about the debian
> project, that they are present at <EVENT> and what exactly Debian-People
> are doing at <EVENT>.

These press releases are distributed on our news lists already.
Heise probably knows about them. We don't subscribe random people
to our lists to spam them. If Heise people don't want to be subscribed,
that's fine.

> With Linuxtag on my mind, i didnt know there were such extensive
> Workshops about Debian there before reading the actual Workshopslist on
> linuxtag.de.

So subscribe to debian-news, quick.

> On another note, the gentoo people are organizing[0] quite a bit at ccc
> camp, maybe this event could also be used as ad-platform(?) for debian :)

Please go ahead. We had some presence there two years ago already.

Let's call it an accidental feature.  -- Larry Wall