Re: nochmals wegen der CD / DVD zum LT

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@telelev.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 21:40:51 CET

    On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 04:40:07PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
    > Sven Hoexter wrote:

    Hi all,

    > > ATM I'm preparing for a woody CD as the base with packages from main and
    > > non-us/main. I thought about including some backportet packages from sarge or
    > > sid like mozilla but I'm still not sure if it is a wise idea cause they would
    > > not receive security updates. How did you deal with such issue in the past?
    >
    > Should be prevented as much as possible, but it's still a way to improve
    > the system usability-wise.
    I'll think about that next week again but we can or should discuss this asap so
    we have a clean base we can work and test with.

    Ok I've a few more things up for discussion.
    My local mirror and the cd build process is working now and I hope that I unterstand
    the main parts of the cd creation process now. Most stuff is based on Joergs work
    from last year so the fame for that still belongs to him. All flames about what I did
    with his work should be directed to me ;)

    My personal to-do list (w3m ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/lt2003/todo.sven) contains the
    following stuff:
    - general docu upgrades, maybe I should automate it and add that into the woody.hook
    - add new versions of the books
    - update for README.linuxtag
    - new sponsors list
    - double check wich kernel I use for which option in debian-cd/tools/boot/woody/boot-i386
    I'm quite sure that I introduced errors in this script
    - try to add backports e.g. mozilla
    - review the package list
    - testing, testing, testing

    Please comment on it and feel free to suggest other things you've in mind.

    You can take a look at the package list here:
    w3m ftp://hxt.homelinux.org/lt2003/1_NONUS.packages
    Should be the same like last year.

    If you like I can put my debian-cd directory and parts of the other stuff on the
    ftp aswell.
    I hope that I can offer you a iso image for testing on Sunday when I updated parts
    of the documention (dahb for example).

    Joerg: Once again a big 'thank you' for your nice explanations :)

    Sven

    --
    Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of
    embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately,