Re: FOSDEM booth

From: Fabio Massimo Di Nitto (fabbione@fabbione.net)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 07:29:24 CET

    On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Russell Coker wrote:

    > As I said previously I'd like to run a SE Linux machine. Preferrably we would
    > have things setup so that anyone who's using the 802.11b network would be
    > able to login and play with it. My machine is a Cobalt Qube, it is a cube
    > that's 30cm on a side, weighs about 2Kg, has 2 * 100baseT network ports and a
    > good amount of free disk space.

    I will be at fosdem all the 2 days but i still do not know how much
    time i will be able to spend at the booth. In any case i will bring my
    laptop with me and wlan pcmcia cards and access point if people cannot
    live without [1], even if at the HCT we experienced a certain amount of
    problems with 802.11b because of too many people in different booths
    using it. IMHO better if you go with wires if you can.

    Since your box has to ethernets, do you mind to setup one with a private
    network, dhcp and dns? We could connect the base station to it with a
    cross cable and make wlan users much more happy. The base station is
    configured to do transparent bridging but it does not provide any service.
    In this way in order to get access to the real net will be enough to
    configure the other interface on your box with the real network setup +
    NAT.

    Fabio

    [1] Im dealing to leave the hardware at the booth all the time even if Im
    not there but only if someone can take responsability for it. Basically
    sunday i have to get everything back ;)

    --
    vega:~# apt-get install life
    Reading Package Lists... Done