Re: FOSDEM booth

From: Russell Coker (russell@coker.com.au)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 01:54:28 CET

    On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 01:19, Rémi Letot wrote:
    > Ha ha, great prose :-)

    Thanks. ;)

    > Ok, being a "native", I'll take this if noone
    > else steps in. Be warned though that I don't know anything about the
    > organisation in place, and that I can't be there before or after the
    > fosdem days.

    That's great!

    > Anyway, Martin, can you tell us what information you have for the
    > booth? Who to contact if needed, when to setup, dimentions, what comes
    > with it (besides net and electricity), how many computers we can
    > show,... Is that info available somewhere? The fosdem.org site seems
    > quite empty for "exhibitors".

    Based on past experience I suspect that we can do pretty much whatever we like
    as long as we provide the cables.

    As I said previously I'd like to run a SE Linux machine. Preferrably we would
    have things setup so that anyone who's using the 802.11b network would be
    able to login and play with it. My machine is a Cobalt Qube, it is a cube
    that's 30cm on a side, weighs about 2Kg, has 2 * 100baseT network ports and a
    good amount of free disk space.

    I will be available to discuss my SE Debian work at any time, I'll provide a
    phone number that you can call me on, have it ring twice as a signal for me
    to come to the stand to talk to people (saves you the call cost).

    Also I can give a speech on SE Linux and Debian at a moment's notice.