Re: FOSDEM booth

From: Russell Coker (russell@coker.com.au)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 08:39:07 CET

    On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 07:29, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
    > I will be at fosdem all the 2 days but i still do not know how much
    > time i will be able to spend at the booth. In any case i will bring my
    > laptop with me and wlan pcmcia cards and access point if people cannot
    > live without [1], even if at the HCT we experienced a certain amount of
    > problems with 802.11b because of too many people in different booths
    > using it. IMHO better if you go with wires if you can.

    Hopefully they will have an official 802.11b setup to solve some of these
    issues.

    > Since your box has two ethernets, do you mind to setup one with a private
    > network, dhcp and dns? We could connect the base station to it with a

    No problems.

    > cross cable and make wlan users much more happy. The base station is
    > configured to do transparent bridging but it does not provide any service.
    > In this way in order to get access to the real net will be enough to
    > configure the other interface on your box with the real network setup +
    > NAT.
    >
    > Fabio
    >
    > [1] Im dealing to leave the hardware at the booth all the time even if Im
    > not there but only if someone can take responsability for it. Basically
    > sunday i have to get everything back ;)

    Remi, can you guarantee that someone will be there at all times?

    Fabio, how much of the scheduled time will you be available for working the
    booth? Can you commit to any particular segments of time for the calendar
    Remi is setting up?