Re: Planungen LinuxTag

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 09:18:48 CEST

Hi!

Russell Coker wrote:
> > Remember, there's Knoppix <http://www.knoppix.de/> as well.
>
> Is there an English translation of that?

Do you refer to the web page or the system? Afaik, both is in German
only since the main developer can't afford translating everything.
However, if somebody would be willing to work on bilinguality, I'm
pretty sure that he'd appreciate that. People who would like to
support this cool project should get in touch with Klaus Knopper at
knopper@linuxtag.org.

> > 2.1 Who will give a talk about what topic?
>
> I offered a 4 hour tutorial on installing SE Linux for the main conference.
> If they turn down my offer I'll make it a Debian thing instead, but I'll
> probably cut it down to 2-3 hours as the audience size it'll get as a
> Debian-only thing won't justify the work I'd have to do for a 4 hour
> presentation.

I don't think there's space for a 4 hour presentation in the main
tracks. I guess that a one or two hour tutorial within the workshop
schedule, maybe on a Debian Day, would be a good idea.

We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds