Re: Planungen LinuxTag

From: Russell Coker (russell@coker.com.au)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 20:13:17 CEST

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:41, Martin Schulze wrote:
> LinuxTag is coming closer and closer, so it's time to make some
> general decisions with regard to Debian.
>
> 1. Do we want to have a booth?

Yes!

> 1.1 What do we want to demonstrate?

If someone else can provide the hardware then I'd like to demonstrate SE
Debian.

I'll setup a box with a root password of "1234" and let people try and crack
it. ;)

> 1.2 How are we going to solve the staff-visitor ratio (so it's
> less than 10 Debian people for one visitor).

I think a demo of SE Debian might interest some people. AFAIK even the NSA
haven't given such a demo at a conference...

> 1.4 What kind of hardware will be required?

For what I want to do, any sort of x86 box will do.

> Remember, there's Knoppix <http://www.knoppix.de/> as well.

Is there an English translation of that?

> 2. Do we want to have a conference of our own?

Yes!

> 2.1 Who will give a talk about what topic?

I offered a 4 hour tutorial on installing SE Linux for the main conference.
If they turn down my offer I'll make it a Debian thing instead, but I'll
probably cut it down to 2-3 hours as the audience size it'll get as a
Debian-only thing won't justify the work I'd have to do for a 4 hour
presentation.

> That's usually my part, but since I'm organizing LinuxTag already,

OK. Perhaps you could let me know whether my offer of a tutorial will be
accepted...