strategy package list

Subject: strategy package list
From: Roland Bauerschmidt (roland@copyleft.de)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 15:52:17 CEST

Hello,

as Roland R. already mentioned the package lists grows rather fast if we
solve Pre-Depends, Depends, Recommands and Suggests. So I removed
Suggests. Additionally now only the first package of two alternative
packages in Pre-Depends, Depends and Recommands is added to the list.
E.g. "foo | bar" would add foo to the list. As YACS adds all packages
that are at least priority important or section base I copy a exclude
file to the temporary directory that includes packages like
kernel-image-2.2.12 or kernel-image-2.0.36 that we don't need. Is there
a better way to do this?

I realised that having only one file for the package list and adding new
package to it and rebuild it was not that good. Now I have a couple of
lists for specific fields or contributors that only include that
packages that are explicitly wanted and build the resolved list just
before building the cdimage. I tried to integrate all your suggestions
into the lists. Nevertheless this list is small because not all
Suggested packages are in any longer so there might be packages that
should be on the cd and were also in the last list, but aren't included
any longer in this list. It would be very helpful for me if you could
have a look in the attached list and tell me if I forgot any packages
you would like to have on the cd.

Here are some packages that I was told to include, but didn't find.
Perhaps you can tell me wants wrong:

xserver-rage12 - I suppose it should be xserver-rage128
xserver-neomag
libmagick4g-headers
bmagick4g-lzw-dev
pingus - I can't find it in potato
clanlib - same as pingus

Greetings, Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt -- Freiberger Str. 17, 28215 Bremen, Germany
e-mail: roland@copyleft.de, phone: +49 421 3763482, fax: +49 421 3763483

Debian GNU / Linux -- the choice of a GNU generation