Re: Planungen LinuxTag

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 13:04:13 CEST

Michael Bramer wrote:
> > 1.2 How are we going to solve the staff-visitor ratio (so it's
> > less than 10 Debian people for one visitor).
>
> Sorry, I don't see a real Problem with this.

Well, if only 20 people fit on the booth, machines and monitors are on
the back end, and 18 people of 20 already are Debian people, something
is going severely wrong...

> > 1.3 Who will be around?
>
> I am from 5.7-9.7 in Karlsruhe...

noted.

> But IMHO the woody BFs are not ready and need a lot of work (or we must
> master a CD with english BFs).

I hope that I didn't get you wrong, english BF's are ready, but German
BF's aren't? If that's the case, this should be fixed in CVS **ASAP**,
so German BF's can be built from CVS and don't require more fiddling.
Also, LinuxTag is in less than 1.5 months, so there's not that much
time left.

> > [1] I'll take flyers and mugs with me. We're going to have some 50
> > general Debian-oriented t-shirts and I'd like to have special
> > Debian/Woody t-shirts, so creative people should give a helping
> > hand.
>
> FYI: I have some t-shirts too (the old Debian/Gnu/Linux).

Ah, great!

> > 2.1 Who will give a talk about what topic?
>
> I will talk about the ddtp

double noted. :)

> > 2.2 How and where should it be promoted?
>
> We should make announcements on
[..]
> debian-announce

<hat type=press>
NAK, please read the purpose of that list.
</hat>

> Maybe we can add a link on the linuxtag web site!?

<hat type=linuxtag-orga>
Depends, if I get access (a) to it and we have a page (b) containing
all relevant information. If (a) then it'll be noted through the
workshop program but not on its own, that at least.
</hat>

Crap can work.
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.