Subject: ANN: [LhD] Linux Hardware Database Relaunch
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 03:40:15 CEST
The Linux Hardware Database is basically an effort to cut down on
"is X supported by the Linux kernel?" posts. We are announcing it
here for this reason, although the site is already pretty well known.
We would also like feedback from the linux-kernel membership, and perhaps
even some involvement from driver authors or maintainers.
Linux Hardware Database (http://www.linhardware.com) has been
relaunched. LhD is a site for Linux hardware information that provides:
* User ratings of compatibility and performance
* Workarounds for a product from other users
* Linux driver information
* Resources helpful in setting up a product
* Actual product specs
all tied to well-described product records in a relational database. This makes it easier for users to find information about the precise PC compoment they own without wading through many search hits.
Come to LhD to:
* Share your experience with others by rating the hardware you use * Get help in setting up your PC hardware with Linux
* Find which components to buy for your next Linux box
There have been several relaunches in the past two months, and this is the culmination of them. We are really looking forward to some feedback from the community.
New features include:
* A new much more readable and printable look
* Improved usability: sortable colums, more informative displays, shop links, and other details
* Comment-only postings that can be made without logging in
* More data!
-- LhD Administrator Linux Hardware Database http://www.linhardware.com
- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b25 : Sun Apr 09 2000 - 22:14:16 CEST