unrated games

From: Kai Blin (blin@gmx.net)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 12:11:49 CEST

    Hi folks,

    I just read the archives, and I must admit, I'm really stuck by the new
    legislation.

    What would you think is the WorldForge project supposed to do? We're
    developing a framework to develop games, but we also have a demo game.
    I'm quite ready to claim our CDs are either a "development kit" or a
    game with the purpose of instructing people on how to use the framework
    we provide, but to be honest, I don't want to risk a criminal record
    just for that. Following the law would mean we can hve no presentation
    of our current game efforts, at least not without checking IDs first.

    I don't know how the Linux xbox project is planning to handle this,
    perhaps we could just get some kind of seperate spot for games where
    kids may not enter...

    I'm aware of this legislation being hopeless, and I'll make sure to
    write my MP complaining about the law.

    I see no way we could afford the EUR 1000 - 1500 that a rating would
    cost, apart from the issues to rate an unfinished game.

    So, how does the LinuxTag team think about this?

    Cheers (yeah, sure)
    Kai

    PS: do you have a list of available furniture, so we can mark that on
    our booth layout plan?

    --
    Kai Blin aka. nowhere (blin<at>gmx.net), WorldForge Team

    Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time. -- E. B. White