Re: Extended insurance?

From: Jens Finke (jens@gnome.org)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 09:19:06 CEST

    Martin Schulze wrote:

    > > > Sure, just talk to your insurance dealer. I can give you a phone #
    > > > from the company with which I usually work together, in Oldenburg.
    > >
    > > Actually I was hoping the LinuxTag e.V. or rather the Stuttgart Messe
    > > AG would be able to arrange something centrally so that all the
    > > open-source exhibitors could join into one large insurance contract
    > > instead of 10 or more individual contracts (just guessing there). I
    > > can imagine this would also make the insurance slightly less
    > > expensive..
    >
    > It would increase administrative load which is bad. It was already
    > decided not to provide such an insurance (I somehow under the
    > impression we had one for last year but we hadn't.)

    Well, I talked to the company in Oldenburg today, and they told me they
    don't make any insurance for private people. They only work for middle
    class companies. The support for FFIS was a special case, the woman told
    me on the phone.

    So this way, I think, no open-source project can get an insurance.
    Instead, we need an organization like the LinuxTag which acts as a
    insurance holder.

    Or has anybody another solution?

    Jens