Re: machines at porting booth

From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 12:13:23 CEST

Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:
> > > Do we have network? As both my Amiga and my Ipaq were not used for some
> >
> > http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2005/faq.html#network
>
> Last year our connection to the lt2005 network was via wireless iirc.
> This won't be the case this year if I get it right ? Do we get a range
> of IP address from lt2005 (and how many would that be) or do we have to do
> our own NAT ?

Last year 4G provided a visitors network with Meshcubes, so perhaps
that's where you've got your connectivity from. This year, maybe
Saxonia provides such a network with their (not release yet)
Meshnodes.

All both compounds should get terrestrial network at least. Whether
they use it is up to the booths included.

In order to simplify the network coordination I'd assign one private
class C net to each booth, so you can either set up NAT or hook the
hosts to the inter-project network naked. Whatever you like most.

Let's call it an accidental feature.  -- Larry Wall