Re: machines at porting booth

From: Peter 'p2' De Schrijver <p2@mind.be>
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 11:22:53 CEST

Hi Joerg,

> On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:48:55AM +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:
> > ARM : tuxscreen (with VOIP) (p2)
> > netbook (?) (p2)
> > GPE
> > Gigavu Pro (?) (p2)
>
> Here I bring my iPaq.
>
> Do we have network? As both my Amiga and my Ipaq were not used for some
> time, it would be an idea to bring them up to date. I'd need both wired
> and wireless.

We will have network yes. Linuxtag provides us with internet over
wireless LAN. I intend to use the meshcube to bridge that to our local
ethernet network. I haven't decided on the exact network layout yet, but
it will look more or less as follows :

meshcube - [ lt2005 network ] - firewall / NAT box - [ booth network ]

In the past my PWS500 was also used as the booth firewall / NAT box.
Most people used to connect to the booth network. In this setup the
booth network does not have wireless though. We could setup our own
wireless network, but it would require coordination with the lt2005
wireless people. I'm also thinking of taking an extra 10Mbps hub with me
so people can connect directly to the wired lt2005 network and use the
lt2005 wireless. I will most likely setup an ATM network with LANE and
bridging to the booth network as well. If you have any ideas or network
requirements, please post them on this list.

Cheers,

Peter (p2).