RE: Built-in support for rotating logfiles?

From: Kjeld Flarup Christensen <kjeld.flarup.christensen_at_ericsson.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 11:44:25 +0200

Hi Joachim

I have a patch which limits the log file size, and upon reaching the
limit it will rename to messages~ and start a fresh.

The size is given in syslog.conf as eg /var/log/messages,10M

I'v had it on my todo list for long time to give the patch back to
comunity.
Unfortunately it is bundled with a patch to write ERROR,INFO etc to the
log file.

/// Kjeld