Re: FOSDEM booth requested (and rtl-sdr and last t-dose)

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-events-eu-20180123-9_at_mdcc.cx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 08:20:36 +0100

Hi again Daniel,

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 05:51:43PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 30/11/17 05:39, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:40:25PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:50:23AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

<snip>

> > https://packages.debian.org/rtl-sdr : Realtek RTL2832U Software Defined
> > Radio: nice.
> >
> > O, and help is welcome here -> https://danielpocock.com/fosdem-2018-rtc-cfp
> > <- too.
>
> Yes, it would be great to have a Debian presence in the RTC lounge (K
> building)
>
> You can't have free RTC without a free OS (which OS am I thinking of?)
> so if anybody from the Debian community wants to give a talk in the RTC
> dev-room, please apply.

<snip>

OK, If everything turns out right I can probably allocate like 30 minutes on
getting the demo running; ideally on saturdaymorning. Daniel: Would you be
available for support / hand helding at that time?

<snip>
> https://danielpocock.com/quickstart-sdr-ham-radio-gqrx-gnu-radio
>
> and the sequel, with a video at the bottom:
>
> https://danielpocock.com/building-loop-antenna-sdr-shortwave-ham-oscal17

Very nice posts, thanks!

> There is also a GNU Radio / SDR booth in the AW building and if anybody
> from the Debian community wanted to help in a linkup between the booths
> using ham radio then we can make contact with them.

Would be very cool indeed. Lets try to get that running.

Thanks, Bye,

Joost