Debian booth at FOSDEM, Brussels, Belgium, sat 3 and sun 4 feb

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-events-eu-20171130-9_at_mdcc.cx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 06:47:05 +0100

Hi,

So yes, there'll be a Debian booth at FOSDEM ( https://fosdem.org ) 2018.
It'll be the 15th[0] edition of this Debian booth and the 17th[1] edition of
the conference.

FOSDEM is the yearly european free software developers conference; for visitors
entrance is free and no registration is needed. It's big: 675 lectures
planned, over 8000 hackers expected. It takes place at Université Libre de
Bruxelles, Campus du Solbosch, Avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt 50, 1050 Bruxelles,
Belgium, from sat feb 3 10:00 till sun feb 4 18:00. On friday 2nd there's the
FOSDEM Friday Beer Event, see https://fosdem.org/2018/about/beerevent/.

This year our booth crew (up to now) will be 4 (four) people only. Thanks
webmind, Vipul and Jean-Philippe! (Regulars Geert and Sebastiaan can't make it
this time.) Experience tells us four is not really enough. So: yes, we still
have slots to fill and lots of opportunity for you to help: answer questions
from visitors, help us selling goodies, bring some goodies yourself, get some
goodies produced yourself, .... If you plan to come to Brussels, and want to
help, do please list yourself at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/be/2018/FOSDEM . Or reply to me, e.g. via
e-mail, and I'll take care of updating the wiki.

Looking forward to seeing all of you this year!

Bye,

Joost - who'll be at ULB, building K, on saturdaymorning at about 9:00

[0] See https://www.debian.org/events/2003/0208-fosdem-report, and there's
another old artifact kept at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/be/2011/FOSDEM .
[1] FOSDEM was called "OSDEM" in 2001; name changed to FOSDEM in 2002. Now
guess who we should blame^Wthank for that.

--
This sentence claims to be an Epimenides paradox, but it is lying.