Re: Sun[esc]bdwaSnowCamp in Italy in late february/early march?

From: Ana Guerrero Lopez <ana_at_ekaia.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 12:26:01 +0200

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 05:34:04PM +0200, Elena ``of Valhalla'' wrote:
> Following SunCamp last May I've been tempted to non-organize :) a
> similar event in my corner of Italy; now that summer is coming to an end
> I've been able to talk with a potential location and this is starting to
> look feasible.

Yay for "non-organised" events :D

> Because of the local weather, the best dates are in late winter, when
> the chances to see a sunny weekend are higher, so I was thinking 22-25
> February, or if there are issues with that date 1-4 March or 15-18
> February.
>
> The previous weekend (8-11 February) has also been considered, but I'm
> afraid that there would be too high a risk of fosdemflu-induced
> cancellations.

I would welcome to have at least one weekend between both events, two
weekends even better. But in the end, IMHO, date is a very important
part of the negotiation when choosing the place, some hotel/hostels/etc
will make you a better price in the weekends they expect to have
less people, so I would suggest you to get quotes for several weekends
and see if it makes a big difference.

Thank you for organising!
Ana