[stands@fosdem.org: Practical information regarding FOSDEM stands]

From: Geert Stappers <stappers_at_debian.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 19:06:52 +0100

CU within 3 weeks

----- Forwarded message from FOSDEM Stands Team <stands_at_fosdem.org> -----

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 18:07:31 +0100
From: FOSDEM Stands Team <stands_at_fosdem.org>
To: stappers_at_debian.org
Subject: Practical information regarding FOSDEM stands

Dear FOSDEM stand organisers,

This email contains a lot of practical information. Please read
it completely. Apologies if you received this multiple times.
The previous version got rejected as spam for some people.

Location
--------
Stands will be located in three buildings on the ULB campus: AW, H
and K. You can find the location of your stand on the FOSDEM site:
https://fosdem.org/2016/stands/

Shipping
--------
Do not under any circumstances ship anything directly to ULB or to the
mail address of FOSDEM. We have no storage space in either location and
your shipment is more than likely to be lost if you send it there.

If there are things you need to ship ahead, and there is really no
possibility to arrange with someone local to receive your shipment,
contact us, and we will see what we can do. We will not accept any
shipments that we have not agreed on beforehand.

Timing
-------
Build-up starts from 9:00 on Saturday. Visitors will start arriving
around 10:00, and you can expect it to be properly busy by noon.
The Saturday program ends at 19:00; you're expected to be out of
the building at that time.

For the night between Saturday and Sunday, there are overnight storage
rooms in the H and K buildings. You can also leave stuff at your stand
overnight; the buildings will be closed overnight, but we cannot guard
the hallways on Sunday morning. We also cannot provide any insurance or
take responsibility in case of damage or theft. We do have security
staff on campus at all times.

Sunday starts around 9:00-10:00 and the teardown starts at 17:00. All
stand holders are expected to help clean up the area around their stand,
and the tables and table cloths should be returned to the collection
point by the stand holders. Your stand area should be cleared and
cleaned up and the tables returned to the collection point by 17:30.

Various
-------
The tables provided are 180x80cm wide. We also provide table cloths,
but you are more than welcome to provide any on your own, especially
if you have something like a banner for your project. You may not tape
posters to the walls or windows near the stands.

We will provide you with a power socket. If you require more than
one, please bring extension cables. Note that Belgium uses type E
sockets: http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/
If you need any adapters, make sure to bring them along.

High-speed Internet uplink will be provided by means of WiFi everywhere.
If you have a device that requires a wired ethernet connection, bring a
bridge device with you.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at
<stands_at_fosdem.org>.

Thank you for your participation and see you in Brussels soon!

Kind regards,
FOSDEM Stands Team

----- End forwarded message -----

Groeten