Re: Call for Papers for LinuxTag 2010 (9.-12.06.2010)

From: Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:10:34 +0100

Marko Jung <mjung_at_markojung.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> LinuxTag's call for papers [1] ended this weekend. As program co-chair
> I am pleased having received a new all-time record of abstract
> submissions. Nevertheless, surprisingly there is a all-time low of
> Debian related talks: we just got two entries in our database :(
>
> Hence, if some Debianers are in Berlin around second week of June and
> would be interested in presenting some hot stuff, please contact me as
> soon as possible to arrange a late submission. The program committee
> will start putting a initial draft together this week, but if you
> develop a good idea what to talk about during FOSDEM, please do not
> hesitate to submit a proposal then.
>
> [1] http://www.linuxtag.org/2010/en/program/call-for-papers.html
>
> Regards,
> Marko

Hi,

I would be willing to talk about Multiarch in Debian[1] with, depending
on time, implication for cross compiling.

Multiarch
- What is it for and where can we use it?
- What do we have now (biarch) and why doesn't that work?
- What is the solution? How does it work?
- Configuring dpkg/apt for it. Using it.
- Extended use: qemu, corss compileing
- State of the art: What's done, what's still todo?

MfG
        Goswin

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MultiarchSpec