Re: Debian Village at HAR2009 is at border D W

From: Geert Stappers <stappers_at_stappers.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 23:25:57 +0200

Op 20090806 om 14:02 schreef Axel Beckert:
> On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 03:17:16PM +0200, Philip Paeps wrote:
>
> > Going through the list of things I need to do before HAR, I realized
> > I have no idea where the village is going to be,
>
> Same to me. Although I saw some villages having there place already
> set, I found no indication in the wiki how to claim space for a
> Village. So I do this now by announcing it here (see below) and on
> https://wiki.har2009.org/page/Village:Debian
>
> > and more importantly, that I haven't contributed anything to the
> > founding of the village.
>
> Since I just was at DebConf9 and I'm on holidays now, I would like to
> see the (small) village as place to hang out, recover from DebConf9
> (/me waves to h01ger ;-) and enjoy the time with like-minded people --
> nothing overorganised. :-)
>
> > Do you have any idea where the Debian village is going to be on the
> > HAR site?
>
> I herewith announce that the village shall be at the border between
> the camping areas D and W close to the campervan area where I will
> probably reside since they want all campervan and caravan users to
> live in one place. (The word "ghetto" comes to my mind. *grmpf*)

When to choose which side of that border, I go for 'D'. ( Yes, D as in
Debian ;-)

At my arrival on wednesday I will look for familiar faces.
>From the seven personal addressed people I do known five, including me.

I have my Private Mobile Radio 446MHz ( PMR446, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMR446 )
tuned to channel 8, subchannel 16. That is eight for august and sixteen
for Debians birthday (and age on sunday)

On tuesday night I will scan Debian DB for celphone numbers as backup.

Looking forward to see you!
Cheers
Geert Stappers