Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

From: Andreas Tille <tillea_at_rki.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:03:12 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Michael Meskes wrote:

>> But: what do the others think about it?
>> is working on booth okay or not?
>
> No, it is not. Just my opinion, but anyway. I do not, however, count solving
> customers problems working as long as it doesn't take ages.

Well, solving customer problems is not what we are talking about here. IMHO
solving a customer problem is valid (as long as it needs) provided the space
at the booth is sufficient to not block other customers (and provided there
is another booth stuff who is open for new customers).

I was actually talking about the situation if you are on a strongly community
oriented event (like CLT) and you realise that there is nobody close to the
booth. It is OK to just use the chance to use the face to face meeting with
your fellow developers to solve some problems which are completely unrelated
to the event - provided that you immediately turn your attraction to any
visitor who comes close to your booth.

I followed the later strategy and consider my time well spend also in the
sense of the community.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--