Debian logo/banner (was Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth)

From: Luca Capello <luca_at_pca.it>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:29:51 +0100

Hi there!

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:57:31 +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 01:53:32PM +0100, Michael Mohn wrote:
>> Imagine this on a comercial linux-fair. one would never mistaken the
>> novell booth for the redhat-booth.
>> as the lesson: there always must be a prominent logo and a sign stating
>> what exactly that logo means (for anyone new).
>
> Roland Stigge donated a 1,5 x 1,5 meter swirl logo on "LKW-Plane". It's
> (I hope) located at the credativ office.

Thank you Michael, I did not know that we had such a logo: can this
information be put somewhere in the "organising booth" documentation,
please?

>> thats not hard to do and should always be possible.
>
> Uhm, do you have any idea how hard it is to design and produce a
> "prominent logo"?

FWIW, debian.ch already discussed about creating a Debian banner to be
used at meetings/booth/etc. Since I took care of all the debian.ch
merchandise [1], I have already asked for prices: for 200 x 50 cm it was
around 150EUR (two colors, white logo on Swiss red background).

I must also say that at the last annual general meeting in December
2008, debian.ch mostly decided to go for such a banner but has not done
it yet because we are not sure if a debian.ch-specific banner ([2] or
[3], which seems to be the "official" and voted logo) is preferable
against a "plain" Debian one.

I am available to take care of everything, if needed.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://debian.ch/merchandise/