Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:53:32 +0100

Am 22.03.2009 um 12:01 schrieb Axel Beckert:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 02:50:57PM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl
> wrote:
>> So, what am I talking about? Well, it's just that I don't think,
>> that we
>> did a very good job. Look for example at [1], where someone mistook
>> the
>> booth of the sidux project for our own. [...[
>>
>> 1: http://gallery.kickino.org/chemnitzer_linux_tage/chemnitzer_linux_tage_2009/img_0397.jpg.html
>
> Just talked with Sebastian (kickino) on IRC after I read this
> paragraph.
>
> He seemed not having mistaken the Sidux booth for the Debian booth at
> the fair. He just saw the "Debian logo" when writing the captions for
> his pictures in the gallery:
>
> 10:44:42 <kickino> Ich wusste es nicht besser :(
> 10:45:19 <kickino> Hab' beim Durchschauen der Bilder hab' ich halt nur
> das Debian-Logo gesehen und deshalb die
> Beschriftung so gewählt.

Imagine this on a comercial linux-fair. one would never mistaken the
novell booth for the redhat-booth.
as the lesson: there always must be a prominent logo and a sign
stating what exactly that logo means (for anyone new).
thats not hard to do and should always be possible. (talking of the
mentioned logistics problem)

bye,

Michael.