Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 18:52:17 +0100

Am 21.03.2009 um 17:50 schrieb Alexander Reichle-Schmehl:

> Hi!
>
> Julien BLACHE schrieb:
>
>>> What about a real booth? with counter and so on?
>> That would be best, of course, but it's often overkill or not
>> possible for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>> it's killing communication if you can't show the passers-by
>>> something
>>> on their level (meant to be: NOT sitting on a desk and so on)
>> In this case, the table and chairs were provided by the organizers
>> and
>> everybody had the same thing on their booth, I think. Which is often
>> the case.
>
> Yes, while these Demo-Points with bar stools are very useful, they are
> often simply not available. In this case, the exhibition hall was the
> foyer of the lecture hall building and Debian got some tables from
> seminary rooms.

i think it is always possible to organize some sort of table like a
bar-table or so used for all kinds of events and availible almost
everywhere for like 10€ a day for rent...

> That didn't stopped the people from other booths to stand, waiting for
> visitors to come and greeting them eye to eye.

very right. but for me, it would certantly be easier, if i had a table
to stand on, and not just look like another "ordinary" visitor. it
will also be easier to draw attantion and to get the people ask you
questions.

> I wouldn't throw stools away, just put them in the background, just in
> case there is a visitor, who gets something shown, which takes a bit
> longer.
>
> PS: I would also like to note, that the organizers of this event did
> take care, that there are tables, banks and more or less quite rooms
> available for booth personal and speakers. So there was really no
> need
> to sit at the booth hacking.

i think one table and a few ( no more than 4) chairs would be
apropriate... as this booth looks pretty small.

bye,

Michael.