Re: Disappointment about the appearance of our CLT booth

Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:34:12 +0100

Am 21.03.2009 um 15:22 schrieb Julien BLACHE:

> Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar_at_debian.org> wrote:
>>

>> So, the question is now, what can we do to prevent things like that
>> from
>> happening again. We already have the old booth checklist [9], a
>
> For what's described in the previous paragraph:
> - throw away those chairs
> - ban personal laptops
>
> Laptops should be in their bags, unless required to give a demo that
> can't be given on the demo machines (you had none, granted) or to
> check something specific.

What about a real booth? with counter and so on?
it's killing communication if you can't show the passers-by something
on their level (meant to be: NOT sitting on a desk and so on)
my first impression of that stand was: "how did they transfer that
70's classroom to the fair..."
i don't now anything on how you organize those fairs and what budget
there is and so on.. i know there will probably be nothing leftover
for a nice impression.
on the other hand: when you can't do it right, maybe save the pennies
for appearance on fewer shows and do it nice there?

bye bye,

Michael.

don't take it personal, please!