Re: FOSDEM practicalities

From: Holger Levsen <holger_at_layer-acht.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:13:13 +0100

Hi Wouter,

thanks again for again organizing the Debian devroom! :-)

On Tuesday 02 December 2008 16:38, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> - Holger: the video stuff worked pretty well last year, methinks. Do you
> agree? If not, is there something you want me to look into?

I agree. Again we need to set up everything in the room at least 1h before the
first talk beginns. The more time we have the better. IIRC last year we were
lucky and had more than two hours and managed just in time. (I assume we will
be much better prepared this time and hope we can manage with 1h, else we
have this video workshop planned (*), which will allow us to manage ;-)

Also we should contact the FOSDEM network crew (bcc:ed), as we need a wired
ethernet plug, so that we can stream the videos to an outside distribution
server. We need approx 300 kbps bandwidth for this.

Last, if you or anybody knew a company which could+would lent us (identical)
laptops (with firewire) for free in Brussels, that would rock. But I assume
this is not critical - the other two poinbts are :)

regards,
        Holger

(*) We should add an disclaimer to it's description: "This event might or
might no be streamed/recorded."