Call for Talks for the Debian Developers' room at FOSDEM

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 02:11:12 +0100

Hello World,

It's that time of the year again: FOSDEM is almost upon us.

For those living under a rock and unaware of what FOSDEM is: the Free
and Open Source Developers European Meeting is a yearly community
meeting that takes place at the université libre de Bruxelles in
Brussels, Belgium. It is highly non-commercial in nature, and a unique
venue that allows FOSS people from all kinds of different backgrounds to
meet and learn about the new things in the FOSS world. It is organized
during a weekend in the month of February; this time, that will be the
weekend of the 7th and 8th.

As has become a habit now over the years, I've again requested a
developers' room for the Debian project, and have just received an
acceptance of that request[1]. This means we'll be able to hold talks at
FOSDEM for one and a half day: during the afternoon on saturday, and the
whole day on sunday.

So, if you're interested in holding a talk at FOSDEM, now is the time.
As usual, talks will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis;
that is, of course, as long as they are suitable for a Debian venue.

The information you should be sending me about your talk includes the
following:
- Your name
- The title of your talk
- How long you would like the talk to take (no more than one hour,
  please)
- A short bio
- A short abstract

The latter two don't need to be loads of data; their goal is for them to
be put on the official FOSDEM website, and for those of us who will be
doing the talk introductions to have a bit of information to go by.

Note also that due to the rather short amount of time we have this
year[2], I will have to request that people interested in holding a talk
do not procrastinate too much; otherwise, they'll likely miss the
deadline.

That's it, I guess. See you at FOSDEM!

[1] Though nothing more so far; I know we'll have a room, but not which
    one, or what its capacity will be. Hopefully not a smaller one than
    last year.
[2] Usually I receive a confirmation around halfway october to early
    november, and need to send in the schedule somewhere early february.
    This time around, we've received the schedule about a month later,
    and FOSDEM will /be/ around early february...

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22