Re: Upcoming Events in Europe

From: Joey Schulze <joey_at_infodrom.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 00:02:10 +0200

Hi,

here's a quick update:

Joey Schulze wrote:
> I've checked my events calendar[1] and found several exhibitions that
> currently seem to lack a Debian presence.
>
> Here's the list of events with the associated dates and locations:

You might have guessed this already, it's autumn, the German
conference season.

 Oct 7-10 Linux Kongress Hamburg Germany
 Oct 10-11 Kieler Linuxtage Kiel Germany
 Oct 11 Magdeburger Open-Source-Tag Magdeburg Germany
 Oct 21-24 Systems Munich Germany
 Oct 25-26 T-Dose Eindhoven Netherlands
 Oct 28-30 Open Source Expo Mainz Germany
 Nov 7-9 UKUUG Linux Manchester U.K.
 Nov 8 Linux-Info-Tag Dresden Germany
 Nov 10 Linuxday Vorarlberg Dornbirn Austria
 Nov 12-13 LinuxWorld Utrecht Netherlands
 Nov 15-16 Come2Linux Essen Germany
 Nov 15 Oldenburger Linux-Informationstag Oldenburg Germany

Of these events only T-Dose, Linux Kongress and Systems seem to have
an organised Debian presence. The other events still seem to be in
need of interested people wanting to run a booth there and/or give
talks with Debian background.

For the Oldenburg event I will be around and represent Debian as well
as play local admin, so help is definitively appreciated.

Coordination for German events can also take place in the Debian Wiki[2].
The Systems presence already has its own page at [3]

> 1. http://www.infodrom.org/Linux/calendar.html
> 2. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsDe
   3. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsDeSystems2008

WARNING: Do not execute!  This call violates patent DE10108564.
http://www.elug.de/projekte/patent-party/patente/DE10108564
wget -O patinfo-`date +"%Y%m%d"`.html http://patinfo.ffii.org/