Re: Question about being an exhibitor at Dreamhack Winter 2008

From: Holger Levsen <holger_at_layer-acht.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:26:22 +0200

Hi Joey,

On Monday 07 April 2008 15:43, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > On Monday 07 April 2008 13:01, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > No; Debian is an all-volunteer organization, and PR usually happens
> > > because volunteers want to provide it.
> > I think we still should set up a PR budget...
> Please provide ideas on what to do wrt. PR, then approach the DPL or
> the local charity that hosts Debian money. If the idea is interesting
> and won't just burn loads of money chances are good that money will
> be granted for that.

Cool. Glad to read that you support the idea! I'm too busy to do more PR work,
for now I just wanted to point out, that a PR budget is a sensible thing,
even (or especially) for a volunteer organisation (of our size) :-)

Also, I think its worth stressing (what you said), that even if we dont have a
regular, constant PR budget, money for specific PR events can be allocated -
in the above way.

cheers,
        Holger