Re: FOSDEM 2008

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_debian.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 15:23:49 +0100

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 04:30:07AM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> Op Mon 8 Oct 2007 om 09:57:06 +0200 schreef Wouter Verhelst:
> >
> <snip>
> > FOSDEM
> <snip>
>
> That's Brussels, Sat 23 and Sun 24 february, http://fosdem.org/.
>
> > One thing we found out last year is that my great idea about creating a
> > schedule for booth manners who would be ultimately responsible didn't
> > really work out to be such a great idea after all, since those who did
> > have valuables at the booth ended up sitting there almost the whole
> > weekend anyway.
>
> And they were unhappy about that?

Well, I don't know... but I don't think it's reasonable anymore to start
making a schedule if this is going to happen again. I might just as well
not bother, then.

Of course, if people feel differently, then that's something else.

> > So we'll need to revisit that.
> >
> > Are there any suggestions for that one?
>
> I'm afraid I haven't.
>
> Anyway, I volunteer to help staffing the booth. (I assume there _is_
> some tablespace assigned to Debian.)

Yes; a double table again (which is the same size we asked for last year
as well, though it's less than what we eventually got)

> Will the Debian UK crew bring nice T-Shirts again this year?

I guess so. I still need to check with Steve for that.

I should also note that it's been suggested that we don't turn the
Debian booth into a pure T-shirt shop this time around, which makes
sense.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22