Re: [LT Infomail#9] /src, Passes, Phone, Keysigning, Storage - Debian

From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 13:03:25 CEST

Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 08:37:07PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > 1. Develoment Area /src
> > Some of you may have noticed two areas in the Stadthalle exhibition
> > plan denoted with "/src" and wondered what this areas are about.
> > They are intended as a development area where you can sit and work
> > when you don't have to bee at the booth and don't want to listen to
> > the talks and workshops.
>
> After two years people have been building tables out of pallets in the
> backstage, someone realised it was a good and useful idea.

Blah!

NOBODY except LinuxTag e.V. has agreed to SPONSOR such an area which
costs about 10.000 EUR in the Gartenhalle and 1.000 in the Stadthalle.

It's not that we didn't know about the need, it's just that nobody
wants to pay for it, only this year I'm forcing this.

And btw. we've had such an area in the exhibition hall in 2001 already,
sponsored fortunately.

> An official hacking area has bigger potential for practical knowledge
> exchange than the front of a booth. I look forward to it, and maybe
> since it's official it'll be more visited and we could also have some
> cross-pollination with hackers from outside of Debian.

Probably, since it's not a Debian space but should be used by all
projects.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain