Re: Debian at Chemnitzer Linuxtage 2005

From: Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 10:29:01 CET

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:56:09AM +0100, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> On Monday 07 March 2005 22.52, Nočl Köthe wrote:
> > As always
> > some asked for the difference to SuSE
>
> To highlight the fact that Debian is not a company, but a community project,
> Alexander Schmehl and I had the idea of showing #debian-devel, #debian-bugs
> and/or #debian on a beamer - draw the eyes of the crowd as they can see
> right into the 'development lab' of Debian.
I think this is a good idea, because it is always very difficult to
demonstrate what's so special and exciting about Debian.

OTOH it could also have a negative impact depending on the style of
discussion going on in the specific IRC channel. But showing IRC
alternating with a persentation like eyecatcher could be a good thing.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.