Re: Debian "eyecatcher" Project

From: Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de>
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 17:17:13 CET

Re: Geert Stappers in <20050109101320.GL538@gpm.stappers.nl>
> > I thought about using latex-beamer for eyecatcher as well. The most
> > important fact which made me decide not to use latex-beamer is, we would
> > need to use commercial software.
> There is nothing wrong with commercial[1] software when it is free[2].

Suggesting that Debian should use tools that are not part of its
distribution to present itself does not make sense.

You might have the practical viewpoint "I'm using acroread because it
works", which is perfectly fine. But please think about how ridiculous
it would be when Debian used acroread for presentations.

Christoph

--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/