Re: Debian "eyecatcher" Project

From: Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl>
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 11:13:20 CET

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 10:10:37AM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Sunday, 09 Jan 2005, you wrote:
 <snip/>
> > I'm in the process of switching form MagicPoint to latex-beamer.
> > While MagicPoint is quite fine, latex-beamer has (besides much
> > more featureful) the big advantage that you get plain PDF output
> > which is run by AcroRead. Just imagine you want to run your
> > presentation on a machine you have no chance to install MagicPoint ...
> >
> > BTW, we just also think about kind of common latex-beamer theme for
> > Debian talks as well.
>
> I thought about using latex-beamer for eyecatcher as well. The most
> important fact which made me decide not to use latex-beamer is, we would
> need to use commercial software.
There is nothing wrong with commercial[1] software when it is free[2].

What is the non-free part of latex-beamer?

Cheers
Geert Stappers
Leaving the honour to reducing crosspostings to others

[1] using the same word at the wrong place, more information at
 http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Commercial
[2] free as in freedom of speech.