Re: critics about our presence at LinuxTag 2004

From: Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 15:26:08 CEST

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 12:10:17PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 11:12:42AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 08:16:23AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Well, there was all this unused space behind the booth, which we already
> > used as hacking space anyway, so if there had been an opening at the
> > back of the booth and some further 'walls' and table and chair stuff,
> > this would have been enough for this.
>
> Well, there *was* an opening, even right next to the booth. I agree that
> we should have some furniture there next year.
>
> OTOH, I've been told that this area was highly unofficial, so perhaps
> there was nothing to do this time.
Right. So if you can find a sponsor who is willing to spent a few thousand
Euros to rent exhibition space and furniture their will be no problem to
have an offical hacking area. The only problem is the sponsor an the missing
few thousand Euros.

> But as I said before: We should make the hacking area as attractive as
> possible, to discourage hanging around at the booth more than necessary.
As long as it's not offical make it as much invisible as possible.

Sven

--
It ain't so bad bein' alone if you know it'll never last nothing lasts forever
'cept the certainly of change and love's the same It's a game with simple rules