Re: LinuxTag2004 - DVD Image

From: Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 17:49:54 CEST

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 05:20:26PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> * Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> [040531 20:13]:
>
> > You can find the files we add to the Image at http://ganneff.de/ltadd
> > - please check them for errors/enhancements/whatever.
>
> Could someone please verify the grub entry for booting other operating
> systems mentioned in ganneff.de/ltadd/debian.html? I got it via google, but feel a little
> bit unsure, since I neither use grub nor Windows, so I couldn't test it.
title = Microsoft Windows (tm)
        unhide (hd0,0)
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1
        makeactive

Hm the following works for me with Windows 2000. They recomend the same in
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Multiboot-with-GRUB.html

So I've tested your example and it's working aswell. I'm not a grub guru and
if you ask me the documentation is a mess so don't worry it seems to work
not matter what it's doing exactly.

Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak