Re: Small note about CeBit

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 19:20:06 CET

Hi all,
I think I produced something useable in the last 2 days and nights so here is
a status update.

ATM nobse is downloading the image file so that he can test it tomorrow.
I hope that there are no major bugs left so that this is very close to the
golden master.

Changelog:
===========
- kdewallpapers are included now for kdebase (fixes an errata bug from the
LinuxTag CD)
- deleted some dead links to manpages from the debian.html (LinuxTag CD errata)
- Changed README.linuxtag to README.cebit
- Changed all (hopefully) LinuxTag 2003 labels to Cebit 2004
- Added deb lines for all backports.org packages to the sources.list

Removed the following packages:
iesperanto
dbbalancer
opengate
simph323
libopenh323
openh323gk
outguess
openmcu
xblast
t-prot
stl-manual
magyarispell
kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.18-686
kernel-image-2.4.18-686
kchart
kformula
kivio
koffice
koffice-libs
kontour
koshell
kpresenter
kspread
kugar
kword
ispell-czech
ispell-da
ispell-fi
ispell-fo
iportuguese
igerman98
ifrench-gut
ifrench
ibrazilian
blt
blt-common
bible-kjv
gnucash
kernel-image-2.2.20
kernel-image-2.4.18-386

New included backports:
- mozilla 1.6 from backports.org (replaced 1.2 from Adrian Bunk)
- new cdrtools (proposed by nobse replace version from woody)
- new samba packages (probosed by nobse replace version from woody
I couldn't include all new samba packages cause of the package size
samba-doc and the python stuff is missing
- Linux 2.4.25-386 (from backports.org including all depends)
Depends:
initrd-tools_0.1.60-0.backports.org.1_all.deb
module-init-tools_3.0-pre10-0.backports.org.1_i386.deb
modutils_2.4.26-0.backports.org.1_i386.deb

I hope that these changes are ok for the majority.

And now some formal stuff:
Where do I've to sent the final Image?
When and how should I sent it?
Who takes care on the sponsors.txt file and the sponsor logos in the
debian.html file?

Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak