Re: Small note about CeBit

From: Sven Hoexter (sven@timegate.de)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 15:38:23 CET

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:55:59PM +0100, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> * Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [040223 18:17]:

Hi Guys,

> We are in dare need of a volunteer, who created and tests an disc image
> until ... well ... 5th of March?
>
> I don't think we can do much more, than just upgrading the old LinuxTag
> image (sigh).
>
> Sven: You made the image for LT2003, could you please upgrade it?
> Perhaps you could even ask Norbert "nobse" Tretkowski if makes sense, to
> put X4.3 on it (since it is needed by quite some newer computers).
Well I think I can do it, or at least try it, but it would kill this
weekend (not good ;)
Additional it would mean that I've to fix some bugs/problems with the image
from the last LT. Hmmm, has someone a b-f build with a somewhat recent kernel?
Heard that Eduard is quite busy with his school stuff aswell as I'm.

Anyway would it be usefull to have upgraded images at all? Remember you need
money and time to master and press them. CeBit start's in 20 days guess
that's not enough time to get CD's pressed. Well if you burn them at the
exhibition for interessted people it might work out.

Comments? Think I'll upgrade my woody mirror to get prepared for what ever ...

Sven

--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world