Re: Small note about CeBit

From: Michael Banck (mbanck@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 17:35:27 CET

Sven wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:55:59PM +0100, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> > Sven: You made the image for LT2003, could you please upgrade it?
> > Perhaps you could even ask Norbert "nobse" Tretkowski if makes sense, to
> > put X4.3 on it (since it is needed by quite some newer computers).
> Well I think I can do it, or at least try it, but it would kill this
weekend (not good ;)
> Additional it would mean that I've to fix some bugs/problems with the
image
> from the last LT. Hmmm, has someone a b-f build with a somewhat recent
kernel?

I think Stefan Gybas talked about having done new b-f at the FOSDEM buffet.

> Anyway would it be usefull to have upgraded images at all? Remember you
need
> money and time to master and press them. CeBit start's in 20 days guess
> that's not enough time to get CD's pressed. Well if you burn them at the
> exhibition for interessted people it might work out.

Personally, I don't think it is worthwhile to do new images now. I've never
been to
Cebit, but I don't think Cebit is big enough from a Debian/FLOSS POV to
warrant
the effort. All effort should go into having good final or beta images of
Sarge
available for LinuxTag, IMHO. But then, I will not be at Cebit, so those who
do
the work get to decide what it will be :)

Michael