Re: Linux@Work January 2004 in Europe

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 12:11:08 CET

Michael Meskes wrote:
> As some of you may know there will be a Linux@Work roadshow again next
> months in Amsterdam (20th), Zuerich(27th?) and Frankfurt(28th?). I'm not
> sure about Zuerich and Frankfurt (Alex, did you ask?), but the
> organisers agreed to sponsor a booth in Amsterdam, preferably as a joint

I'm pretty sure they would be interested.

> booth with KDE and maybe even more projects. As an explanation, the
> organisers are the same that did LinuxWorld in Frankfurt two months ago
> and out joint booth Debian/KDE/PostgreSQL was quite a success back
> then.

Aren't they the same that maintained the conference program and not
the entire show? Maybe LTT is bought by IDG / daughter of IDG, but
that I don't know.

> If enough people come, Ralf Nolden and me, will hold a tutorial on the
> later two shows, while in Amsterdam the same tutorial is held by two
> dutch people with me being around too. However, if the tutorial is
> cancelled in advance we still should be able to get the booth, but I'm
> probably not around except for Franfurt.

Please let me know if you're going to hold that tutorial so I can
mention it on the web pages.

GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto