Re: Linux Days Luxembourg

From: Axel Beckert (abe@deuxchevaux.org)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 19:53:02 CET

Hi!

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:23:34PM +0100, Bob Hentges wrote:
> >% Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in
> >% /home/www/libs/php/phplib/php/session.inc(272) : eval()'d code on
> >% line 1
> >
> >*grmpf*
>
> *g* ?

No grinning. Just the feeling, you have, when say things like "grmpf".
;-)

> >P.S.: I'll try to get my car equipped with four seats in time, but
> > can't promise it. (Need to mount the rear seat belts before...)
> > Anyone else will come by car, so we have a dynamically allocable
> > transportation possibility. Or is public transport in Luxembourg
> > also available in the late night?

Ok, it seems as if we have enough cars for possible transportation
problems.

> P.s. it won't be possible for me to be at the linudays on friday
> before lets say 1030. as i got a math paper before, and do want to
> write it :)

Ok, so we really should meet tomorrow (Thursday) evening, even if we
don't do the install on Thursday.

> P.p.s. when will the installation of the machines, and so on, start on
> thursday ?

Somehow my mail to the organizers seems to be lost on its way, so I
phoned today and got all infos I wanted. :-)

We can setup the booth until ca. 19:00, maybe 20:00, depends on the
janitor of the school... So we probably will install the both PCs we
get from the tutorials on Thursday and the more challenging Sparcs on
Friday morning...

I would suggest to install one testing and one unstable on the both
PCs and a stable on my sparc, so we have all three flavours... That
also means that it would be nice to get Bob's x86 mirror on Thursday.

Bob: I'll phone you as soon as we know, when we (Dalibor and I) will
arrive, but I expect it to be between 17:00 and 18:00.

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 01:47:08PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > Well, the bad news is: This is not as I expected per room but per
> > person and night! So it would have been 31 EUR for everyone who wants
> > to sleep at the youth hostel.
>
> Thought so, still not bad price compared at the price of the hotel.

Ack. But compared to what I'm used to, it's about the double price of
a German youth hostel (ok, five years ago maybe :-)...

> And as said, i can provide transportation on friday evening/saturday
> morning.

Fine.

More infos from the organizers:

We'll get exhibitor badges, but without names. An edding pen should
work for "personalisation". ;-)

The social event is free for us and no presubscription nor driving to
town necessary. Beer is already there. :-))

We should get enough tables and chairs even though they couldn't tell
me how many.

There is one TP connection for us, so I'll bring switch and a few TP
cables. Sven and Bob: Can you bring TP cable for your boxes, too?

                Regards, Axel

--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org - http://abe.home.pages.de/