Re: Debian at Solutions Linux 2004 (Paris - February 3rd to 5th)

From: Julien BLACHE (jblache@debian.org)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 19:01:20 CEST

[Removing -devel-french from the distribution]

Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader <leader@debian.org> wrote:

Hi,

>> Debian will have a booth in the .org pavillion ; I've taken the
>> responsibility for the booth.
>
> Thanks.

You're welcome :) I just like this event, it's a really great occasion
to meet our (future) users.

>> As usual, we'll need demo machines, switches and the like, tables and
>> chairs, posters, flyers, CDs/DVDs, goodies, etc... Posters (made by
>> Ayo), CDs/DVDs and goodies have been incredibly popular last year ; we
>> ran out of CDs pretty fast, finally sold all the DVDs, and the goodies
>
> Were you sellings these posters? If yes, how much did you charge?

No we weren't selling them. They had been printed on normal paper and
were only intended to cover the walls :-)

But lots of people asked for them !

> BTW, Ayo did some news posters recently for an event in the UK (the
> embedded Debian one is new, I'm not sure if the Debian one is the same
> you had last year); they are at http://73lab2.free.fr/debian_posters/

They were slightly different, but in the same spirit.

>> It'd be great if we could find some sponsors who could either lend us
>> demo machines or pay for some of our expenses.
>
> If you want to get any promotional material done which can be used for
> future events as well, Debian can cover the expenses (or some, if you
> also find sponsors). Perhaps you'd like to print a Debian banner?

I've got some contacts with potential sponsors, so I think most of the
expenses can be covered this way (like flyers if needed, posters too
maybe). I'll let you know if I need some funds.

Thanks,

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>  |  Debian, because code matters more