Re: Debian at Solutions Linux 2004 (Paris - February 3rd to 5th)

From: Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 12:45:57 CEST

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 08:03:43PM +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Solutions Linux (formerly Linux Expo) 2004 will be held in Paris
> (CNIT, La Défense) next February (3rd to 5th - that's Tuesday to
> Thursday).
>
> Debian will have a booth in the .org pavillion ; I've taken the
> responsibility for the booth.
>
> A couple of people have volunteered already, but of course we need
> more !
>
> As usual, we'll need demo machines, switches and the like, tables and
> chairs, posters, flyers, CDs/DVDs, goodies, etc... Posters (made by

As for Demo machines, Genesi, for whom i work and which produce the
pegasos powerpc motherboards, is ready to lend a certain number of
machines to debian for this event. They are based in Paris, so this
would make it easy for transport and such.

The machines are of the kind pictured at :

  http://www.pegasosppc.com/images.php?image=406

 From the LinuxTag show in Karlsruhe, Germany.

They should be coming with 600MHz G3 or 1GHz G4 processors mostly, and
run Debian (hopefully Sarge will be released by then).

How much of them would you like to have ? I have to schedule them so
they are reserved for us at that time.

Friendly,

Sven Luther