Re: Language of talks at LinuxTag

From: Andreas Tille (tillea@rki.de)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 18:40:25 CEST

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Several talks were already delivered in English. Even if the talk
> was held in German, most speakers could be questioned afterwards
> in English.
Well, I hope I made it clear that it was not my personal opinion
(I just nor realized) but I was forewarding the reason I heared why
some people here in Oslo did not even thought about coming to Karlsruhe.
I've thought this would be of greater interest. Asking questions
after a talk which I did not understand a word does not make any sense.

> If the event was useless for people from the community of Debian,
> then the Debian booth and Debian people did a very poor job. I
> hope that's only a misinterpretation.
It was absolutely no critics about the Debian booth - just the talks.

Kind regards

           Andreas.