Re: Language of talks at LinuxTag

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 13:15:47 CEST

Andreas Tille wrote:
> beeing at Debconf in Oslo I just want to foreward some kind of critics
> to LinuxTag: Several people regard this event as really useless for people
> who do not understand German.

Several talks were already delivered in English. Even if the talk
was held in German, most speakers could be questioned afterwards
in English.

If the event was useless for people from the community of Debian,
then the Debian booth and Debian people did a very poor job. I
hope that's only a misinterpretation.

Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.